Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Distraction

So this past week I got an IPod, and I am addicted. It is pretty pathetic. In October I got Jared one for his birthday, and every so often I would listen to it when I was bored. According to Jared, I have embarrassing taste in music, and he said that it would ruin his reputation if someone found out that he had certain songs on his IPod, so he decided I needed on. My question was who would be looking at his IPod, but anyways... I thought that I would never use the IPod, and it would be yet another wonderful toy that I look at and think "Wow... I actually spend money on that!" But Jared talked me into it, and now I have this adorable pink IPod. It is the coolest thing. It will even let me rewind the radio! How cool is that? I also have over 600 songs at my finger tips, so whatever mood I randomly adopt, I have the song to go along with it.

The best part it that I have all the music from when I was younger on it, and I can cruise down memory lane and giggle at what a dork I was... Or am rather, but I cool with that. It is wonderful.

I am even finding reasons to incorporate music into my lessons at school, so that I can use it. My students are loving it too. Today we watched movie clips about Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Beyonce, Tupac, and Brad Paisley to practice note taking skills. They ate it up! On Thursday, I am bringing in my amazing little music machine to allow them to hear a couple songs from Bob Dylan and David Bowie as our opening exercise because they did not know what music they played. The movie clips were biographical. They are excited about learning the material too, so that is a bonus. Technology is awesome.

I love my new little toy...

1 comment:

  1. Its funny how parents don't pass on fundamentals like good music to their children. Makes you wonder in what other ways that generation is deficient. Although you could probably tell me first hand:)

    ReplyDelete