Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Catching up...

I feel like this is rather pointless now that I live five minutes from those of you who will read this, but I figured that I should at least give a little blurb since it has been months since I have last written. So far life in Seymour, is everything that I expected: quiet, nice, and at times... well... boring. I am much more appreciative of having a Wal Mart right down the street, now that I don't have one. I am almost nostalgic for the times when I did not have a yard, because that meant that there was not a yard of the loudest dogs in all of history right beside it. There is something unnerving about walking to your car at 6:00 in the morning and then all the sudden hearing the ferocity of a booming bark only feet from you right as you are unlocking the door to the car. Oh, and the midnight seranades from the dogs are just Heavenly... I am finally getting used to the drive. I kind of like it to be honest. Jared and I have gotten to ride together every Monday, Thursday, and Friday, and it has been nice to be able to spend time with him in the morning. On the days that I have to drive alone, it gives me time to think.

The house is finally coming along. Slowly, but surely, the cardboard boxes are disappearing and the little things that make a house a home are coming together. I absolutely love my house, except for I think it is too big right now. We have almost completely shut off the two extra bedrooms, and only go in there when we absolutely have to, and that hall is endless. I never realized how convenient it was to have almost no space. At least then, when I was talking to Jared I knew he could hear me. So many times, I have enjoyed nice conversations with myself, thinking that Jared was right there, and come to find out he is a mile away in the living room.

Calliope, that is the baby's name for those of you who have not heard, is getting big. Her favorite thing to do is start kicking at the most inappropriate times. It is always such a nice reminder when I am standing in front of about 25 students and have her start playing soccer with my ribs while I am trying to explain something. The other day, I had to go to a training session about bullying, and I noticed that I could visibly see my belly move when she would kick. Naturally, a huge smile came across my face, but again at an inappropriate moment. I was sitting in the front row, right in front of the presenter. Here I am, pregnant, grinning from ear to ear while the presentor is talking about a child getting beat up so badly that he had to be taken to a hospital... I am a great teacher... I cannot believe that in only 11 short weeks my precious little girl will be here. I am so excited. I went to the doctor yesturday, and he said that I have only gained 14 pounds, which is super awesome. I was really afraid I would blow up... but so far so good. Calliope's room is slowly coming together. Still tons of stuff to do before she gets here, but I am blessed with a wonderful husband and a family that is ready to help any time that I need it.

For those of you that have been so nice and supportive, which is all of you who read this, I know I don't say it enough, but thank you and I love you. Yeah... Yeah... cheesy moment... Gonna blame the baby for it too. But seriously, y'all mean so much to me, and I am greatful that I have such a wonderful family that I can rely on, and I know I don't say it enough, but I am truly grateful for all that you have done for me. Well, I have an hour drive ahead of me, so I will be leaving this page for several more months probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment